What is International Women's Day?
Every year, International Women’s Day (IWD) is celebrated around the world on the 8th of March.
International Women’s Day is celebrated in many countries around the world. It is a day when all women are recognised for their achievements. It has become a time to reflect on progress, to call for change and to celebrate the courage and determination of the women who changed history, and those who will advance gender equality into the future. International Women’s Day is an occasion to review how far women have come in their struggle for equality, peace and development. It is also an opportunity to unite, network and mobilise for meaningful change.
International Women's Day 2023 campaign theme: #EmbraceEquity
How you can support International Women's Day
The International Women's Day website has many resources and activity which can help combat gender bias and discrimination. Below are some ways you can support.
- Share the passion and excitement that comes from valuing and supporting difference.
- Share your #EmbraceEquity image, video, resources, presentation, and articles across social media using #IWD2023 #EmbraceEquity to encourage others to help forge an inclusive world.
- Donate to female-focused charities.
- Encourage and rally your friends, family, colleagues, and community to embrace equity.
- Run an event or Campaign
- Report on achievement
More resources can be found in this topic page.
Check out Holmesglen International Women's Day events and join in celebrating women's achievements and show support on gender equity.
- International Women's Day at Chadstone.
- International Women's Day at Moorabbbin.
- International Women's Day at Glen Waverley.
- International Women's Day at Bourke St.
Together we can forge women's equality. Collectively we can all #EmbraceEquity.