If you are looking to build your own website that's not an e-commerce site, then our solution may just be the ticket. You can visit our website here › https://no-code.au
This community is open to all students and staff.
International Day of People with Disabilities
The International Day of People with Disabilities (IDPwD) is a United Nations observed day recognized on December 3rd every year. IDPwD aims to promote the rights and well-being of people with disabilities and increase awareness and understanding of the 4.4 million people with a disability in Australia.
Every year the UN focuses on a theme that helps remove barriers for people with a disability. This year’s theme is ‘United in action to rescue and achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) for, with and by persons with disabilities.’ The objective of this is for everyone to work together to make the world better and fairer for people with a disability. It is essential that this work involves people with a disability and is for people with a disability.
What can you do?
· Educate Yourself: Learn about different types of disabilities, their challenges, and the experiences of people with disabilities. This knowledge can help dispel myths and stereotypes.
· Promote Inclusivity: Foster an inclusive and accessible environment in your community, workplace, or social circles. Advocate for accessibility features, such as ramps, elevators, and accessible restrooms.
· Raise Awareness: Use your voice to raise awareness about the rights and needs of people with disabilities. Share information on social media, participate in awareness campaigns and engage in conversations about inclusivity.
· Support Disability Organizations: Contribute your time, skills, or resources to organizations that work towards supporting people with disabilities. Volunteer your time, donate to relevant causes, or participate in fundraising events.
· Be an Ally: Be mindful of the language you use and avoid derogatory terms related to disabilities. Be an advocate for inclusivity and challenge discriminatory behavior when you encounter it.
The International Day of People with Disabilities (IDPwD) main aim is to create a more inclusive and accessible world for people with disabilities, recognizing their abilities and ensuring equal opportunities for all. Let’s all do our part and be united in action.
Find out more from these link below: