Activating Your Support Network
COVID-19 has impacted everyone around the world no matter how big or small. This shared experience has created a challenging and uncertain time with many people feeling fearful, anxious and overwhelmed. If you find your worries and mood are spiralling, it is really important to lean on your support network.
- Reach out to family and friends to share how you are feeling and establish regular contact times online or by phone
- Connect with others who are experiencing similar issues, in a safe and understanding place such as the Beyond Blue online forums.
- Book an appointment with your GP even if you can’t see them face-to-face. Many phone and online appointments are now covered by Medicare. Your GP can help manage your mental health by providing a mental health plan and referral, of up to 10 subsidised sessions, to a psychologist or mental health social worker
- If you are already linked in with a mental health professional, plan ahead and book regular sessions with them for the next few weeks.
- Start with a phone call to the Beyond Blue Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service which can be accessed 24/7 on 1800 512 348 for counselling and further information and support
- Visit the Head to Health Website for resources about maintaining good mental health and accessing mental health services
- Book a free telephone counselling appointment with Student Wellbeing for confidential advice, guidance and support. You can make an appointment by calling 9564 1649 or email email@example.com