This is the competition page for the O-Week lucky draw!
We have three Holmesglen hampers (see below) and 12 Rec Team day tips to give away 😃 To enter, visit the Online Community stand during O'Week, take a leaflet and drop your ticket stub into the lucky draw box. Hold onto your leaflet as we'll be announcing the 15 winning numbers on 4 March!
To claim your prize - upload a picture of your winning entry leaflet to this group by 6 March so that we can verify. We'll contact verified winners via direct message here on the Online Community between 4-6 March. You'll have 48 hours to respond to claim your prize.
For full terms and conditions, visit https://community.holmesglen.edu.au/oweektermsconditions0 likes
The Food for Library Fine Amnesty is ending on Friday 28th of February.
You have one week left to donate a food item for library fine removal. Food items will be given to the Holmesglen Student Foodbank.
A food item will be accepted in place of a fine of $10 or less. For larger fines, an additional item will be accepted per $10 fine amount. All borrowed library items must be returned before fines can be waived.
Food donations can include items such as -
Canned fruit, vegetables, fish, soups
Long life milk & juices
Rice, pasta & noodles
Food only please – Non-perishable unopened items, and not past Use By/Best Before dates.
For more information, talk to a librarian at the Library services desk of any library branch.
Hey international students 👋
Want the chance to experience one of Australia's much-loved sports? Check out Holmesglen Rec Team's AFL and AFLW Double Header event on 28 February! Not only will you have the chance to see the great sport in action but you'll also get to participate in the Collingwood Guard of Honour.
O Week is upon us! Be sure to check out the Library stall!
We welcome all new and returning students to come by our library stall where we would love to meet you and introduce you to all the services that Holmesglen Library has to offer.
Our friendly staff will give you advice on how to be successful and get the most out of your course.
To make this day even more exciting, we will have some fun activities to kick start your year.
Join us on the following dates:
Chadstone 24th February, 11 am to 2 pm;
Moorabbin 25th February, 11 am to 2 pm
Glen Waverley 26th February, 11 am to 2 pm7 likes
Hi everyone! Welcome to Holmesglen 2020!
The Student Wellbeing Team is here to help during your time at Holmesglen. We have a range of services that all students can access. These include:
- Personal Counselling (free and confidential appointments to assist many aspects including mental wellbeing, depression, grief, loss, anxiety, drug and alcohol use, gambling, anger management, study skills, time management etc.)
- Disability Support (assistance with enrolment, orientation, alternative study materials, adaptive technology, AUSLAN interpreters etc.)
- Careers Counselling (assistance with career or course selection, resume and cover letter guidance)
- Financial Counselling (free and confidential consultations providing support, information and advocacy for students with financial difficulties including debt, fines etc.)
- Indigenous Student Support (support for Indigenous Students from the Indigenous Education Consultant to improve education and employment for Indigenous Victorians)
- International Student Support (free and confidential support from the International Student Counsellor to assist and advocate with unique issues such as cultural adjustment, home sickness etc.)
- LGBTQIA+ Support (Holmesglen is a safe, inclusive and diverse place where all are respected. We provide information, resources and support in a safe, non-judgemental environment.)
- Recreation and Activities (The Rec Team organise fun and exciting, heavily subsidised activities and trips to help students achieve the right study/life balance.)
- Scholarships (There are a range of scholarships on offer as we believe in access to education for everyone. Please note eligibility/selection criteria must be met)
- Skills & Job Centre (free services available to students and the community to assist connecting people to work industries with job opportunities)
- Student Health (Bulk billing doctors are available at the Chadstone and Moorabbin campuses)
- Welfare Support (free and confidential assistance from the Wellbeing Officer to help students improve their food, accommodation and transportation situations)
Please feel free to drop by or call the Student Wellbeing Centre at your campus for more information or to book an appointment. We are here to help you make the most of your time and experience while you are studying at Holmesglen!
Bourke St Campus – 9209 5680
Chadstone Campus – 9564 1649
Drummond St Campus – 9564 6317
Glen Waverley Campus – 9564 6317
Moorabbin Campus – 9209 5680
St Kilda Rd Campus – 9564 6317
North Melbourne Campus – 9564 16496 likes