Been a While Since You Did Some Self-Care?
- Firstly, set some time aside; even if it is just 15 minutes. Even this short amount of time spent doing something you enjoy such as listening to a few of your favourite songs or making a cup of tea can re-energise you and increase your mood in a positive direction.
- Focus on the positives. We all can get caught up in focusing on what we would change about ourselves or circumstances. Take a moment each day to change your perspective and focus on the positives instead. Ask yourself, what do you like about yourself? Name some of your positive traits. What are the positives about these circumstances? Remember it could be a future positive also, such as circumstances building your strength and resilience.
- Log off. While social media is a great tool, we need to remind ourselves that, a lot of the time, it provides only a heavily filtered snap shot of others. If you find yourself, comparing yourself to social media accounts or friends; it’s time to close the apps and have a time out. Go for a walk, phone a friend or play with your pets. Then repeat Step 2.
- Take yourself on a date! Yes, you read that right. Take some time out by treating yourself to a coffee, ice cream or even a meal! Take a moment to appreciate your own company without any pressures. Remember you can bring a book or music!
- Take notes! Use a journal to keep track of any goals you have set, no matter the size. If goals are not your vibe, write down something that you are grateful for each day.
For more information: https://au.reachout.com/articles/how-to-be-awesome-at-self-care
We encourage you to get support today. Remember, you can also organise a free and confidential appointment to speak to our Counsellors by phone 9564 1649 or email firstname.lastname@example.org