English not your first language?
Here’s a few ideas on how to improve your skills and achieve better results in your course.
PREPARE BEFORE CLASS
• Read ahead. If you are familiar with the lesson topics and vocabulary, you will understand more in class.
• Meet with a study group and discuss the lesson topic BEFORE class.
• See if lesson material is uploaded to Brightspace BEFORE class.
• Do some private research on the topic. This will teach you vocabulary and concepts.
• Search in YouTube for professional channels about your area.
• Form a study group to discuss the next lesson.
• Participate: Ask the teacher questions. In Australia teachers LOVE being asked questions.
• Don’t be shy – Perhaps everyone else also doesn’t understand.
• Answer when the teacher asks questions. Even if you are wrong, you will learn more this way.
• Take notes
• Meet with your study group or a friend to compare notes.
• Discuss: What was surprising or interesting? What would you like to learn more about?
• Drop-in to a Learning Skills teacher and receive feedback on your assignments:
CLICK HERE FOR DROP-IN TIMES
"do you speak english ?" by Penpaland is licensed under CC PDM 1.0