Student Services Moomin

Exams……why do I have such a hard time with exams?
Do you sometimes feel like your mind freezes during exams? This can happen and then you could find yourself thinking ‘I don’t know what to write, I might fail’ or ‘What will the teacher think of me, my work is not good enough’ It is normal to experience anxiety both in preparation for and during exams. A moderate level of anxiety can actually help to motivate us to study, however it is very important to manage anxiety so that it doesn’t cause you difficulty when you need to concentrate or that it doesn’t ‘convince you’ to give up.
Contact Student Services to book a free, confidential appointment if you want to know what exam anxiety or anxiety around assignments is and how it affects academic performance. A counsellor can give you strategies to identify what causes you to become anxious leading up to and during exams. You can also learn how to cope with exam and performance anxiety.
All you need to do is make an appointment by phoning Student Services or coming in to book at one of the following Student Services offices:
Chadstone Campus: Ph: 9564 1649
Moorabbin Campus and/or St Kilda Road Campus: Ph: 9209 5680
Waverley Campus: Ph: 9564 6317
OR email : studentservices@holmesglen.edu.au