Hunting for a job in Australia is a fairly straightforward process . There is a wide range of websites, listings and support services, both specialised and more general, with comprehensive information of jobs that are available. Once you’ve found your ideal job, your goal is to secure it.
As an international student in Australia, you have the opportunity to work while studying, but also to find full-time work post-graduation, while your knowledge is fresh and the network you have built is strong.
Whether you’re looking for a part-time or casual job, or jumping into your career, here are seven top tips to help you successfully on your employment pathway.
• KNOW WHO YOU ARE BEFORE TRYING TO SELL YOURSELF
• LEARN HOW TO UNDERSTAND WHAT AN EMPLOYER IS REALLY
• BUILD AND USE YOUR OWN NETWORK
• DEVELOP THE SOFT SKILLS OF CONFIDENCE AND RESILIENCE
• PERFECT YOUR WRITTEN JOB APPLICATION
• MANAGE YOUR ONLINE PRESENCE AND REPUTATION
• PREPARE FOR THE INTERVIEW