Hi everyone, and a friendly welcome to our new members!
In Victoria, a massive 40 % of people give time to volunteer.
People choose to volunteer for many reasons. For some it offers the chance to give something back to the community or make a difference to the people around them. For others it provides an opportunity to develop new skills or build on existing experience and knowledge.
For employers, reading on a resume that you are a volunteer, demonstrates you are passionate, have a positive attitude, are motivated by things other than money, and that you're willing to help others. These are all attractive attributes for a prospective employer, and should be included in your resume!
If you have some spare time, want to meet other like-minded people and get upskilling, here are some helpful ideas and links for you to start your volunteering:
• Every council offers volunteering opportunities. Check out your local Council Websites
• Explore Volunteering Victoria: https://www.volunteeringvictoria.org.au
• Explore Ethical Jobs-volunteer for not for profit companies https://www.ethicaljobs.com.au/jobs?locations=1&workTypes=6
• Seek volunteering: https://www.volunteer.com.au/volunteering/in-chadstone-vic-3148
• There are rules around working unpaid and Fairwork outlines these for you here: https://www.fairwork.gov.au/how-we-will-help/templates-and-guides/fact-…
Enjoy your weekend, everyone !
From the Holmesglen Skills and Jobs Centre team