- Don't leave revision until the last minute. Study early and often.
While some students thrive on last-minute cramming for exams, for most this it is not the best way. Information that may be stored in short-term memory, will not usually transfer to long-term.
2. Give yourself time to prepare. Click below for tips on time management:
3. Make space in your study area. Is there enough light? Do you have a comfy chair?
4. What to study? Write down the major topics from your course outline. Check old exams. Read through your notes.
5. Identify any gaps in your knowledge.
6. Try using visual aids. Condense your notes into 1 page diagrams (mind-maps, perhaps?). This will aid quick recall.
7. Explain your answers to a friend/family member/...study buddies can also work well for this.
8. Take breaks.
9. Eat healthy snacks. Include brain food such as fish, nuts, seeds, yoghurt and blueberries.
10. Contact the Learning Skills Centre for more ideas and support with your studies!