Looking for study support online?
The Learning Skills Centre (LSC) has its own Brightspace site that provides valuable resources to help students develop learning, study and academic skills. Here are just some of the useful topics you'll find:
· Learn how to set goals
Tips on time management
· Understand your own learning style to improve study habits
· Effective reading strategies to prepare for assignments
Tips on note-taking
· Learn the difference between reports and essays
· Develop your writing skills – formal language, paraphrasing and general writing skills
· Presentation tips to develop your speaking and listening skills
· Learn a range of computer skills to help with your studies
There's also info about how to contact LSC, links to blogs and free workshops.
Look for Learning Skills Centre in ‘My Courses’ on your Brightspace page.
At LSC our aim is to build the skills you need for your study success.