TIPS FOR BUILDING SELF-ESTEEM
- Be nice to yourself! A good strategy to start is to speak to yourself in the same way that you’d speak to your mates.
- You do you! Try to focus on your own goals and achievements, rather than comparing yourself to others. Social media can be a toxic place for comparing yourself to others!
- Exercise! Movement can be a good way to increase motivation and practising goals. Working out, creates a release of endorphins which are our feel-good hormones.
- Remember nobody is perfect! Perfection is unrealistic!
- Remember that everyone makes mistakes! Mistakes help everyone learn and grow. Don’t be too hard on yourself!
- Focus on what you can change! Try to put your energy into focusing on those things that are in your control and brainstorm what you can do about them.
- Do what makes you happy! If it makes you happy, make time for it. Spending time doing things you enjoy will help to shape positive thought patterns.
- Celebrate the small things! Remember to take note of small achievements, even something like waking up on time. These little wins will help build confidence and positivity about yourself.
- Be a friend! Helping others can boost your mood and make you feel good about yourself and your actions.
- Find your support squad! Spend time with those who make you feel good about yourself and avoid those who trigger your negative thinking or feeling.
For more information go to https://au.reachout.com/articles/10-tips-for-improving-your-self-esteem
Also, if you would like to speak to a Counsellor at Student Wellbeing for study skills or working on your personal balance, please call 9564 1649 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.