Today I'll be talking about the public transport that is close to my heart, growing up in Manila, a hustle and bustle city and moving around the city can be challenging but having Jeepneys it gives me a cheaper and reliable option for me to go anywhere I please. Jeepneys are the Philippines’ most popular form of public transportation. It all started when Filipinos began recycling the American soldiers left behind military transport vehicles such as Jeeps ( Willy's MB) thy transform it into like buses with bodies made from galvanised or stainless steel, fabric covers instead of side windows, and longitudinally mounted benches with room for 20 (or more) passengers. Over time, they began to make them colourful and eye-catchy designs on its exteriors. the Jeepneys don’t just dominate Manila, they also serve specific routes all over the country. Also, it is the cheapest form of public transport in the country, it only cost you 8 pesos, roughly around 20 cents for a kilometer trip. I grew up in Manila and I have to admit that Jeepneys are an integral part of public transportation and the King of the Road as many Filipinos consider.

Jeepney

Jeepney

jeep